Sunday, July 27, 2008

At least I don't have to travel back on that plane for a while..

Traveling on planes isn't my favourite way to start a journey. They're cramped, long and only serve half sized drinks. I'm rather dehydrated which I think is more a result of the flight rather than the lovely weather of Japan (hot, humid and sticky, with a few drops of rain thrown in for good measure). So, today I have taken it real easy so that I will hopefully be alive tomorrow for the information sessions.

I have nothing interesting to report about today as I only did what I had to with naps taken whenever I could get them. I did go out to find a post office to get some money (thanks for the advice that I can just get money out of an ATM at the airport, "It'll be easy!" Yeah, easy if the ATM's are open! ).

I'm sharing a five star hotel room with the other girl from Canberra. The room is really nice, although it did take us 10mins to work out how to use the jug - rather tricky opening the lid and working out that the unlock button goes on when I thought it would go off. You can't pour water without it unlocked which is when the light is on! But is does keep water hot all the time and I made myself a very yummy cup of noodles. They actually have vegies and seafood pieces in it!

The bathroom is full of fiddly gadgets. The first time I sat on the toilet I was quite surprised to note that it started flushing (apparently this is normal and they obviously don't have any water restrictions). There are also options on the side panel if you would like a spray of water or a jet of water to clean you afterwards. I passed on this one ;)

Unlike the advice about the money, I have to say a huge thank you to Carl and Dan for finding/making something that I can plug into the wall and charge computer, phone etc. I was helping a friend looking for one today and it really didn't help my headache. In the end, she will just borrow mine for the moment.

Well, it's about time for more sleep, I think and hopefully I'll feel much better in the morning. (Yes, I've been drinking lots of water, but it still hasn't gone away :(

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Good to hear you arrived ok. Yeah, so much space on the planes...

Carolyn said...

I travelled up to Bathurst on Sunday with Jo, stayed overnight with Cas and back home to Woonona with Michael on Monday. Bill is stable, but no improvement. Keep praying... Thanks.