Monday, February 9, 2009

Today...

Mum and Ben have safely arrived in Japan and have been keeping busy.  We haven't done much yet - we went out for dinner with my teachers, went shopping, played cards all night, and done a little sight seeing.  Today Mum came with me to school.  I'm not sure she knew what she was getting herself into... She was asked to introduce herself to all the staff in their morning meeting.  She made good use of her small amount of Japanese and everyone was happy to meet her.  She came to my special education class, (we told them how she was looking after my cats and gave one of them a haircut! and then played games!!) and to a year 7 class.   After that she made her way to the station and will explore the countryside on a train.    


I'm only working a few days while Mum and Ben are around - I'm taking a few days off this week (11th Feb - my birthday - is a public holiday!) and I'll have next week off too.  It's been a long few weeks so I'm really looking forward to it.  And it will be fun looking around Japan more.  


We didn't spend much time in Tokyo, I had to go to work on Friday, but Ben and I did have a quick look around Akihabara, and decided that we will be spending a bit of time there on their way home. 


Traveling around Japan has been getting easier - even Tokyo wasn't all that difficult.  Who knows where I'll get to next week, but for the moment enjoying spending some time with Mum and Ben.  


No comments: