Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Concerning trains



Have I mentioned that people are really friendly in Japan? So often they will go out of their way to help.

This morning a man from the station caught me just before I bought my train ticket. He pointed me towards the computerised ticket machine. I just figured that the other machine was out of order, but he was trying to tell me something.... I had no idea what and so I showed him my usual train fare. Somehow he was able to show me how I could purchase multiple train tickets.

He didn't have to do that, in fact, it would've been much easier for him not to, but he noticed me catching the train at the same time everyday and tried to save me some money. He also caught me on a day that I didn't have to run up the stairs to make my train.
I catch two trains to get to the school I'm currently going to - one is a normal electric train, the other is a much smaller train. Both take between 5 and 10 minutes so it's hardly worth getting out my book. It takes me about 10 minutes to walk to the station from my house and 10 minutes to walk to the school.

No comments: