Tuesday, October 7, 2008

At the airport..... waiting

At the airport.... very tired and waiting for a very late plane, but it has been a good few days. Last night I traveled up to Osaka on a ferry (a very big ferry which was more like a cruise ship) and today I wondered around Osaka. I didnt really do much sighseeing, but I had a good look around Osaka Castle.

You will have to forgive me for the punctuation errors - using a Japanese keyboard, which doesnt always do what you want it to do like apostrophies or randomly changing to Japanese.

Did I mention that I:m waiting for Daniel:s plane, which is about an hour late? I came rather early because I was sick of walking around. I:m actually looking for a quiet place where I can curl up and sleep for a while. I didn:t sleep well on the ferry - I:m still not used to sleeping in a room with other strangers. The comfort level was also a little low even compared to what I:m used to. Didn:t sleep well the night before either. I think I might have been a little excited.

There:s so much to write and tell you, but not all now. I:m paying for the internet with 100yen - 1 dollar - coins and I just used my last one. Just wanted to let you know that all is going well - I didn:t get lost in Osaka, Daniel;s on his way, and I;ve got today and tomorrow off work. The teachers have asked us out to dinner on Friday night - they seem pretty keen on meeting Daniel.

This keyboard is really quite frustrating....there is a tiny space bar and whenever I hit a button on either side where the space bar usually is, it tries to change my writing to Japanese. And I can;t for the life of me find an apostrophe - rreally aorry about the semi colons showing up everywhere - they;re where the apostrophe usually is and it;s easier to continue using that than nothing at all.

Anyway, going to find a coffee or something. Or some sleep. Good thing i put in an exctra book - already 50pages through!

No comments: