Sunday, December 28, 2008

Anyone for darts?

Now, I've never really played darts much, but when asked to come to a birthday party for another ALT playing darts, I figured that I might as well.

Surprisingly enough it was a lot of fun.  We went to a little "Dart Cafe".  It was rather small with tables along one side, a bar in the corner and three dart machines along the other wall.  The dart machines were pretty cool - they were electronic in the way that they did all the scoring and there was lots of games that could be played.  The darts were like regular darts except that they had a plastic tip that were designed to stick into the board.  

We played a few games just me and Daniel, a few with everyone in the group and other various games (Dan even found a game called 'Cricket').  Somehow the Aussies managed to win the pairs, Dan won the individual match (8 of us) and in all games we held our own.  Beginners luck was clearly on our side.  

Despite that the next time we play we will be gong without beginners luck, we are both keen to play again.  Which shouldn't be too difficult as they seem to go to a few places every weekend.  

I also discovered that I have the next week off work (I knew there were lots of public holidays coming up, but I wasn't expecting a whole week), so if was definitely worth going.   

Hope you all had a good Christmas and are enjoying watching the cricket - the real cricket!  Watching score cards just isn't the same as watching it on TV.  

No comments: