Sunday, December 14, 2008

The plan...

It was great to see the family yesterday.  (Thanks Ben for setting it all up).  I'm pleased I got the chance to say hi, and hear some of  what you've been doing.   It was also a good reminder that I haven't written much lately.  I guess life becomes normal where ever you are, but I'll try and let you know some of the things that have been going on for me...

We had a little bit of snow last weekend.  Ok, it melted when it touched the ground, but it was definitely snow!  Apparently that's about as much snow as we really get in Kita Kyushu, but the kids do get really excited about it.  

We are currently trying to decide how long to spend in Japan.  We are looking at staying another year.  I'm thinking of doing some distance education - Graduate certificate in Special Education teaching through Flinders Uni.  This job provides me with lots of opportunities to do extra study.  Usually I will have an hour free when I'm not doing anything and sometimes I will have three or four hours of twiddling my thumbs and trying not to fall asleep.  During the school holidays I go to our main Board of Education office to amuse myself for weeks on end... Plenty of time for study.  We haven't decided yet, but seriously thinking of it.  Besides, it will mean that more people might get the chance to visit! 


No comments: