Sunday, November 2, 2008

A coffee break (Saturday)

Well it's been three months now.  It has been such an interesting experience - seeing how other people live.  While I have adapted to the garbage disposal system and getting used to always taking my shoes off, I don't think I'll ever get used to people sniffling or not being able to eat while I walk.  

I am becoming more familiar with the public transport system and getting to know my way around.  

Last week there was quite a large fire near our house.  Curiosity lead me to snooping around this morning and I found where the fire had been.  It really hit me when I saw it - the houses in that area were built so closely together I was amazed that the damage wasn't worse.  As it was one house was completely burnt down and the one next to it was gutted.  I have a new respect for the fire department and firefighters in Japan; they did a very good job at containing it.  

I'm sitting in a cafe and last time I was here the refilled my coffee, but no-one has today :(  I would ask, but I don't know if they normally do - perhaps they were just being nice last time!  

Ok,"Slurpy Noodles" has just sat down next to me - stuff the coffee - definitely time to leave!  

No comments: