Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hmmm, hot chips...!


Daniel has been asking me for a while now if I've found hot chips.  so, like a good little wifey I found -what I thought was- hot potato wedges (chips), they were even sprinkled with salt!  


Unfortunately I almost inadvertently poisoned Daniel - what I thought was salt was actually sugar and they weren't made from potato. 


Ok, I'll admit, I began to have some suspicions soon after I bought them, "Hmm, that was strange, was that sugar?!" but I kept them to myself (they were only suspicions after all) and let Daniel make his own discovery.


Needless to say that we wont be trying those again.  We might just have to wait until we get back to Aussie land!   

3 comments:

Stirl said...

Did you ever find out what you were feeding D?

ナオミ said...

D here: We found these again the other day - and saw the ingredients.. Sweet Potato.. OK - I like Sweet Potato - what I don't like is a mouthful of sugar!!

None the less - they really didn't seem to be fried or .. well, any of the normal ways of making chips - I'm still avoiding them like the plague at least until I'm sure they're sugar free..

Nasty nomesy..... !!!!!

Stirl said...

lol, I love sweet potato and chip from that...well if they were hard enough and had no sugar it could be nice, but yeah I can see how sugar on sweet potatoe could be a bit of a shock - specially if you wer expecting wedges.