Sunday, November 2, 2008

Festivals and Ferries

Still having problems with internet - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  


I went to school today (yes - it's Sunday!) and tomorrow - (a public holiday) because the students are having a cultural festival at school.  This seems to entail a lot of singing, but more about that tomorrow.  After the festival all the teachers are going out for a party.  To compensate for working today and tomorrow I'll be having Tuesday and Friday off work, so if anyone wants to ring, that will be a good time.  


Due to it being a Sunday, the buses weren't running very regularly, so I caught the first bus that came past my bus stop this afternoon, which took me to the ferry terminal, so I caught the ferry home.  The ferry cost 100 yen ($1) but it only took 2 mins to cross!  Still it was fun and took less time than waiting for my bus!  


This bridge reminds me of San Francisco.. It apparently doesn't remind people from San Francisco of it though...  Daniel's keen to go exploring and see if he can find Starfleet Academy however..  Wish him luck.

No comments: