Saturday, August 16, 2008

Becoming home

Had a really good day. I just took it easy this morning and this afternoon went for a walk. I explored parts of Edamitsu that I hadn't seen yet. It's always interesting investigating new places, but even more so as I'm beginning to think of this as home.

I eventually made my way to a big shopping centre. 6pm on a Saturday night and it was still open. In fact, when I left at 8:30 it was still open!! I would have to say that my shopping, while possibly not necessary was very worthwhile. I bought a number of things to make my apartment more comfortable and feel more like home - a mug (yay!), indulgence coffee, grated cheese, camembert cheese, scented oil (jasmine and eucalyptus), a thermometer and a lounge-like banana chair (carrying it home and on the train was not the easiest!). I also found some of the purfume I like - might buy that when I get paid. It's nice to have my apartment smell a bit more like me.

Unfortunately dinner didn't go quite as well as the rest of the day. The meat I bought a few days ago had gone off. Note to self: use meat as soon as you buy it! So, I had an omelette.... again! I'm almost sick of eggs! I think I've had eggs for at least one meal everyday for the past week or two!

Tonight was the first time I've watched fireworks while sitting at the station and on a train. They were being let off at Space World. That would make three times in the last 2 weeks that I've seen fireworks! I told you Japanese people love them! Apparently they also let them off at sport games when home/favourite teams win!

While my bedroom is a nice temperature, my thermometer is telling me that the temperature in the rest of the apartment is 30.6 degrees, and 59% humidity! And yes, it is midnight, and yes, it does feel that hot!!

Anyway, goodnight!

No comments: